Thursday, February 15, 2007

Performing for Mediacorp on CNY Eve!

I'll be performing for Mediacorp on Chinese New Year Eve! My opera troupe boss is invited to perform at the Chinese New Year Countdown show this year, and I'll be helping out as one of the "small kids" around him doing flips. He'll be doing the face-changing thingy. It'll be quite an experience, first time performing on TV and it's going to be a live event. Not forgetting that it's such a big event, with many many viewers.

We had our first rehearsal today at Mediacorp and we saw some artistes. When Gladys and I saw Fiona Xie, we were quite shocked at how skinny she is actually. But she does have "assets" lah. The guy who acted as Tianying (牛郎,cowherd) in the 凡间新仙人 is really handsome in life. I'm having a full dress rehearsal on Friday, then I'll be able to see more artistes.

I must say that the theatre in Mediacorp is actually quite small, which is quite different from what we seen on TV, and that the flooring is not very good for doing flips on.

If you see this post before night of 15th Feb, maybe you can watch the news on 15th Feb to see my opera troupe boss. He'll be on TV, and maybe in the newspapers as well.

No comments: