Saturday, November 17, 2007

5th day of Lasik

Just realised that this is our 100th post! Wow. Anyway, my left eye is still irritated even after these few days. So this afternoon, when Gladys went for her 1st review, I asked Dr Marc Tay to take a quick look at my left eye. He said that it's because the edges of the flap are a bit rough. Sometimes it happens while it's healing because of the cut. It's like scarring, but he assured that it's OK and it'll go away after some time when it heals up. But I must say that Dr Tay was really nice to take a look at my eye. And he really took quite a good look at it. Cheryl was quite concerned when I told her (before seeing Dr Tay) that my eye had the irritated feeling consistently. She also suggested that I ask Dr Tay.

Gladys just pointed out something. Our near vision is actually now affected. We can't see clearly things that are very close to our eyes. I wonder if it's a permanent effect from Lasik. But it doesn't affect our reading or daily life. If it's about a finger length away from my eyes, I still can see it. Any nearer, it'll get blurred. Hopefully won't affect our "lao hua" next time.

OK. Gladys told me that normal eyesight SHOULDN'T be able to see so upclose. So that means it's actually because we were myopic that we were able to see so upclose, and now we can't see so upclose with our corrected eyesight.

No comments: