Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Post-Lasik-Me

After MUCH nagging from David to update our blog, I'm finally ready to tell of my own Lasik experience (DEAR YOU BETTER BE READING THIS!).

During the surgery, my experience was more or less the same as how David described it. Dr Marc Tay was very patient, and the whole procedure went smoothly and was over within minutes. Right after I got up from the chair, I could already see (just a tad blurry)!

After the surgery, I went straight home to sleep. I basically had the surgery on Friday, rested on Saturday, and I was back to work on Sunday. By Sunday, I could already see the super fine 8/0 needle used in microscopic hand surgery although my vision was very slightly hazy (like when your specs are dirty). Over the next week or so, my vision fluctuated a little, but not to the extent that it affected my work. I also didn't get any of the eye irritation that David experienced, so I guess I must be really lucky! (^_^;)

Something really funny happened to me though. I have extremely sensitive skin, and turned out I was sensitive to the Micropore tape (supposed to be very hypo-allergic) tt's used to apply the eye shields to my face. The red marks left by the tapes took 3 days to fade! Seems like it didn't happen to anyone else. =P

I just had my 2nd review on 03 Dec and I was told that both my eyes can see 6/6 (YEAH!). For those that don't know, my myopia was R -1000 and L -650 pre-op, so I was practically blind with my specs. Not that I'm encouraging everyone to go for Lasik, but it's the best thing tt's happened to me! Still getting used my new 6/6 vision though. There are times when I'll still try to remove my specs before I sleep... Heh!


Now for some photos...

Minutes before the surgery... Ready to kiss my specs good-bye!


Post-op, in the recovery area. Check out my eye shields!


The angry, red tape marks on my face...

No comments: