Saturday, March 01, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras!

Went to the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras today! It was really really crowded and really really cold... Was underdressed cos I got tricked by the weather forecast. Brrr.... We arrived early to get a good spot at 5pm. The actual parade only started at 7.30pm, so in the end, I left early cos it simply got too cold! Managed to take lotsa photos tho. =P

Sydney is so much more open about homosexuality compared to Singapore. In fact, I think Singapore simply tries to pretend that homosexuals don't exist. In Sydney, Mardi Gras is a day for the gays and lesbians to celebrate their homosexuality, as well as campaign for public acceptance. I think Singapore is too homophobic to get to tt stage though. Oh well... On to the pictures:

The bowling pin guy

Lesbian couple in the motorbike parade (yes, the topless one is a female)

One of the floats during the actual parade

I'm having problems uploading my photos, so for more, click here!

No comments: