Monday, April 28, 2008

Neck Warmers!!!!!

A few weeks ago, I bought the wrong yarn for my knitting and found myself stuck with 4 skeins of yarn (2 brown, 2 purple) with nothing to do with them. After attempting and ripping many projects, I finally settled on making neck warmers for David and myself. It's a combination of 2 patterns that I found online. They turned out great!

In the process of making these neck warmers, I also discovered a fantastic shop in Newtown, Sydney that sells buttons, more buttons and ONLY buttons! They have a fabulous collection of buttons from all over the world, with designs and prices to suit all pockets (no they din pay me to advertise). In the end, I settled for round wood buttons (from Germany) for David, and square plastic buttons (unknown origin) in 3 colours with a pearl finish for myself.

In case anyone's interested in the shop, here's their address:

All Buttons
419A King Street,
Newtown NSW 2042
Tel: (02) 9550 1782
Web: www.allbuttons.com.au (p.s. Check out the website! There's a really cool picture of the shopfront in there!)

Ok, enough talk, time for the pictures!


Wet blocking the neck warmer to make it nice, flat and straight.


David's neck warmer (buttons right over left)!


Mine (buttons left over right)!

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sommer said...

What patterns did you find online? I have been wanting to make some neck warmers recently, but haven't found a pattern i like so far.

frazom said...

please, let us know what patterns did you used, i liked the stitches so much!!

♥Gladys♥ said...

I used the pattern from this link:

http://www.americasknitting.com/documents/Cashmere_Neckwarmer.pdf

I finished off the button-holes area in garter stitch. If you want to find out how to make button holes, you can do a search on google. There are videos showing you how it's done. Hope this helps! =)

frazom said...

Thanks a lot!, can't wait to start knitting it :p

♥Gladys♥ said...

Keep me posted on how it turns out! BTW, you can use whichever yarn you want, just use the recommended size needle stated on the packaging! Smooth yarns with defined strands tend to show off this pattern better. =)