Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Talent for Canto Opera?!?! Haha. And Someone Made Me So Worried!

Yesterday my opera troupe boss treated us to dinner at Yan Palace Restaurant in celebration for the successful performance of 花田錯。 (I think I forgot to blog about the performance =P) It appears though, that some of the opera students chipped in for the treat instead of him paying. We also celebrated his birthday there. We had two tables in a private suite and had KTV. The food was quite good, I must say. The KTV session was a different story though. Haha.

Anyway, after we sang the birthday song and my boss cut the cake, he gave a short speech. He mentioned that the performance was a success, except for some of the singing. Some of the actors need to improve on their opera singing. Then he mentioned that even the "extras" (small roles) were good. He mentioned me specifically! Saying that at first people weren't very confident of me taking up the role, but all praised me after the acting. He even remembered that he spotted me in a performance in year 2000 and felt that I have talent, and he was right. He said there'll be more roles for me in the future. Only problem is my Cantonese. Need to improve. Haha. I can't believe that he actually said that I have talent for Cantonese Opera. Haha.

And what is it about someone making me so worried? Well... After our food, we were just hanging around and people were singing KTV. Suddenly I received a call. I looked at my phone, and it showed Ruyin calling me. I picked up the call, but couldn't hear her. Knowing that she (almost always) only call me when there's some problems, I quickly called back, but couldn't get through! And just imagine picking up a call from someone who almost always call you only when troubled, you couldn't hear the other person, and then couldn't get through to that person!

I immediately SMS-ed her, telling her that she can call me back. And then tried calling her again, and then SMS-ing her asking her to call me back cos the phone call got me worried. I kept calling for the next 15 minutes. Finally got through to her, she said she didn't call me! What happened was that she might have accidentally pressed her phone on the way home, and then the phone just switched off by itself. She reached home, saw her phone was off, turned it on. And that was when I got through. Apparently I had already given her 10 missed calls by then.

Really gave me a fright. Luckily I don't have a weak heart.

No comments: