Saturday, September 20, 2008

End of DBS MAP Campus Programme

Yesterday marked the end of the DBS Management Associates Programme (MAP) 2008 Campus Training. We had a graduation dinner at Hyatt Hotel, for which another female colleague, Ting Yun, and I were in charge of organising for.

Being the chairpersons, the HR actually placed Ting Yun and me at the same table with our CEO, Richard Stanley. At first the two of us were quite scared about it, but Richard turned out to a really nice guy who was very willing to talk to us casually. He didn't put on any "air" at all.

Two months came and went so fast. The whole graduation dinner was full of memories, laughter, and tears. We had various awards presented, performances, and photographs showing. I was involved in the dance performance, and it turned out quite well despite have little practice. Although I fell during a flip and injured my thumb, I still felt happy about having all the Management Associates (MAs) coming up to dance. And the MAs from Hong Kong put up a nice skit with modified songs. I actually won an official award presented by HR, and an unofficial award which the MAs came up with.

For the official award, there were three: Outstanding Team Player, based on the collected score on the Teamwork section of peer feedback forms from the MAs; Best Academic, based on the test scores; and Most Respected and Admired, based on everything combined. I won the Outstanding Team Player award, and my fellow chairperson won the other two awards, which I must say she really deserved it. She's a great person to work with. For the unofficial ones, we had the Most Entertaining MA, Most Generous MA, Most Energetic MA, and Mr and Miss Congeniality. I got the Mr Congeniality award! I'm really happy and surprised at both awards, as both are voted by the MAs. That really meant a lot to me.

Today was another teary session when we sent them off at the airport. Tears were flowing like opened taps. Mixed feelings filled everyone. We were seeing them off, meaning goodbye for a long long time. After the two months of bonding and friendship, it was really not easy. Even though they were returning home to reunite with their family and loved ones, they were leaving us, new friends. And Monday would mark a new beginning for many of us who would really start work for the first time.

Well... On the other hand, it also meant that my dear is coming back in 60 days. Finally will be able to see her soon!

No comments: