Monday, January 28, 2008

Going back to GTS

I just received an email from the Management Associate Programme (MAP) manager of DBS. I've been given a placement in Global Transaction Services (GTS) as per my request. Actually, I requested for either GTS, or somewhere in Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), with no preference of one over the other. But well, I think GTS is a good place to work in. I've been there before and I know that the people there are nice, and there's a lot of things to learn. Plus there's quite a bit of development area in the department, since the department has embarked on something new in the past year. Also, the department deals with the products, and supports the front end of not only the Singapore office, but also works with the offices of other countries.

For those of you who are lost in the terms, Global Transaction Services basically deal with transactional banking products. It's not a very front end job like the Relationship Managers (RMs), but it's also not that back-end as we go out with the RMs to meet the clients as well. There will be lots of things to learn, it won't be easy, but I do think the challenge is quite interesting. I hope I'll do well there.

No comments: