Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Crabs catching

My mom cooked crabs today as a birthday treat for Gladys. The crabs were really nice, which was no surprise considering how active they were when alive.

After having breakfast, I went to use my computer. And then I saw a crab crawling on the floor of my room. I couldn't believe my eyes at first. But after I was sure, I tried to catch it. It crawled very quickly into the room toilet, and to one corner of the toilet. Of course, it was then cornered and had nowhere to run. Even when I picked it up, it still struggled.

After I brought it to the kitchen, I could see why it managed to run out. My mom just put the crabs in a plastic bag on the floor, not in a bucket. I called my mom, who was out, and asked her about it. She said that she tied the plastic bag up, but of course, it wasn't enough. The crabs could struggle and still come out. Then I asked her how many she bought, and she said three. I immediately exclaimed "Jialat", as I only saw 1 other crab in the plastic bag. So we had 1 loose crab in the house.

I searched all around the house for the loose crab but couldn't find it. I even went to search my mom's room even though she closed the door to her room before leaving, just in case. Spent a long time before I finally found it: in the basin where I soaked my sandals in the toilet. As I had changed the water earlier on in the morning, I didn't think of looking there. But when I went into the toilet and looked at the basin, I saw some bubbles. It was hiding under my sandals happily blowing bubbles. It was yet another active crab as it struggled when I picked it up.

So for dinner, me, Gladys, my mom and Zhong Quan had delicious crabs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro, that's so hilarious! :P but the crab must have tasted good.. (being socked in ur sand filled sandels from ECP). hee

Xiaofen