Monday, June 25, 2007

The Haunting of the insurance agents

Insurance agents are haunting Bukit Batok interchange again. I've seen a recent hike in the frequency that they're appearing.

Why did I say haunting? Because they really seem like those 鬼缠身。I hope I'm not offending my friends doing insurance by saying this. I must clarify that not all insurance agents are like that. It's just that I saw such insurance agents.

They'll pester you and refuse to let you go. The way they pounce on the people is just scary. And I've seen not once, not twice, but numerous times when the girls would put their hands on the guys' shoulders to stop them and talk to them. It's almost as if they're trying to seduce the guys.

Luckily I don't look rich and I walk quite fast, so they never came and approach me.

I'm just glad that my own friends who are doing insurance are not like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have an advisor already." Works for me anytime. These newbies often use roadshows to get their clients. So if are serviced, and are already happy with your advisor's services, they'll be unwilling to pursue a 'tried' customer.

David said...

I agree. Works quite well for me too. But I've encountered really persistent ones who go on asking what kind of products do I have already. So really digging for any opportunities. Too desperate? So desperate maybe should just provide extra service? Haha.