Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Need more work experience

I realise that even after 2 internships, I know next to nothing about banking. Today I had two tea appointments with some industry players. And when my supervisor and the industry players talk, I got really lost in their lingo. I found it so hard to ask any questions and I was struggling to take down notes. Whereas whatever the other person said, my supervisor would just take it in his brain.

The difference between 20 years of experience in commodities trading and 20 days in commodities trading.

And it's not just about the knowledge, but the way that my supervisor brought up the topics that we wanted to ask about, how quickly he formulated more questions based on the response. I felt like I was just an observer. I couldn't help much.

I need more experience. I need to be better. I need to think faster. I need more knowledge on banking.

Looks like I don't have much time to play around this last year. Need to brush up on my banking knowledge.

No comments: