Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In Search of Sydney U

I was so tired after unpacking til 3am last night, I slept til 11am before getting up to shower and have brunch. Met Mong Ling after tt at Broadway to buy some groceries and then took a taxi down to her place at Mallett Street, which is just a stone's throw from the Mallett St campus. Basically spent my day exploring the route to the main campus and the Mallett St campus, since I'll be having my orientation at the former and studying at the latter.




The place didn't look half as bad as what pple described, altho it does look much less glam than the main campus.


Sydney is Spiderland! There r lotsa huge webs everywhere (especially in Mong Ling's place, which has been vacant since Nov 07).


Took this photo along the road while walking back from Mong Ling's place, which was approximately 25 mins walk from Unilodge. These spiders are really FAT, but not yet the biggest I've seen.


After walking 20 mins, I arrived at the main campus of Sydney U, which is where our orientation will be held from 20-21 Feb.


The entrance.


The road leading up to the main building.


The sun was so strong that I could hardly open my eyes!


This is the path leading from the campus to Victoria Park.


It's a pretty neat place. Small, but at least it's got a pond and lotsa birds.







After walking around Victoria Park, I went back to Unilodge (just across the road) and cooked dinner.


Had kangaroo sausages with pasta for dinner today. First meal that I cook in Sydney. Kangaroo meat is supposed to be environment-friendly cos kangaroos eats less than cows and sheeps and does not emit methane (a greenhouse gas) like they do. Kangaroo is also high in protein, iron and zinc, and very low in fat. Well, tasted like PIG LIVER! Lol. Will prob eat it again tho, since it's environment-friendly, healthy and CHEAP! This whole box of gourmet sausages cost me just a little over AUD$3.



I'm missing Singapore food already! Bought this at Bi-Lo for AUD$2.47 on offer. Heh.

No comments: