Thursday, February 21, 2008

More fun!

Just found out yesterday that we'll be having our enrolment on Friday (can't miss it!), and since my original plans was to go out with my parents to Taronga Zoo on Friday (their last day here), it only makes sense for me to skip the orientation today (boring programme!) and go to the zoo! Hey, busy pple like me gotta prioritize, you know! =P

So anyway, at 10am this morning, we set out for Taronga Zoo. Took a bus down to Circular Quay (AUD$2.88 for a 20 mins ride) and bought a ticket to the zoo, which was a ferry ride away. The ticket cost AUD$44, which includes the ferry ride, cable car transfer, and the entrance fee. Not too bad considering things are so expensive here.

The view from the pier (that's the Sydney Harbour Bridge)

The ferry passed by Sydney Opera House

Taronga Zoo

We're here!

This little girl looked so sweet, I just had to asked her mommy to let me take a picture. ^_^

My turn! We saw...

The koala sleeping like a (really fat) log

The graceful Australian pelican

The Australian red kangaroo

And this GIANT spider hanging from a tree! Click on it for a closeup if you dare!

There were also two dusky moorhens building a nest

A peeing giraffe

And a crocodile looking for it's next prey!

There were many other animals that we saw, but I can't post everything here, so click here to see more!

After leaving Taronga Zoo, we returned to Circular Quay and took a stroll down to the Sydney Opera House.

Great view from there!

We can even see people on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb! Looks really cool, but gotta think twice before I splurge on it. One climb costs over AUD$200!



No comments: