Sunday, November 09, 2008

DBS jobs cut... Scary

I'm sure most of you, if not all, should have heard about the news now. DBS is going to cut 900 jobs in SG and HK. It was so scary when the news was announced. We could see that our CEO, Richard Stanley, was shaken and sad when he announced the news to us at The Rock. It was the first time that our quarterly briefing was done at The Rock, because they wanted to address all the staff in one place. Even our chairman was not his usual cheerful self, but was solemn and serious.

Am I worried? I'll be lying if I say I'm not. But at the same time, I'm just trying to hold on to the thought that they probably won't fire the new MAs. Then again, who's to know? Everything's so uncertain now in this current situation. I'm just praying hard. But at the same time, I'm still confident in DBS. Confident that it will ride through and survive this storm.

No comments: