Tuesday, November 04, 2008

PAIN PAIN

I can't believe how much pain can wind bring to my tummy. Last night, my tummy got so painful that I couldn't bear it. I wanted to wait till morning before seeing the doc, but I just couldn't. So off I went with my brother to find a 24 hr clinic. Went to the clinic at Bt Gombak that was supposed to be 24 hrs and is in the list of panel clinics in my company, but now it changed to closing at 11pm. Went to Bt Batok Central and found none. Went to another one that's also supposed to be 24 hrs, but now changed to close at 12am.

So finally decided to go NUH straight. The stupid queue was FOUR freaking hours. And the nurse said that she couldn't give me any painkillers until the doc has seen me. FOUR hours!!! I would have died of pain by then.

Off I went to another 24 hrs clinic in Clementi that Gladys found online. Doctor told me it's wind and I might have eaten something bad. So gave me Buscopan and gave me one day MC. That visit cost me $99.50 and only $40 is claimable because it's not panel clinic of my company! Went home, took the medication and slept, thinking that I still can go to work today.

This morning I woke up with a bit of pain, and it got worse. I took the medication at 7+, but the pain kept coming. Finally, at 10, I couldn't take it and went to the panel clinic at Bt Gombak with my mom. The doctor did a more thorough check and also felt that it was wind, but also with gastric pain. He checked for appendicitis and felt that it wasn't likely to be appendicitis due to no pain on right side and no rebound pain. So he gave me more medication that will reduce the stomach acid and line the inside of the stomach. He also gave me a letter for me to bring to the hospital in case my pain persists. And he also gave me MC for tomorrow as well.

Even after taking the medication, the pain still persisted and came in waves. At some points, it was really unbearable and I was really screaming. Usually I have quite a high tolerance for pain, but this time it's really bad. Finally after lunch at about 2+, I could feel my stomach being less bloated and churning, and the pain started to die down.

Unbelievably painful.

1 comment:

James Yong said...

NUH sucks. Agreed even by my prof. Try Alexendra or something. Hope you get well soon.
-ykl