Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A teaser for David...and a little for myself

Now that I'm going back to Singapore soon, what does David have to look forward to apart from seeing me and taking a break from work? Hmm... How about...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The funnest iPod ever!!



So, I've been thinking a lot about which case to get for David's Xmas iPod Touch. At first I wanted to get him one of those leather folio cases, but then I found that they're bulky and seem to interfere with the sensitivity of the touchscreen. After much deliberation, I decided to go for the fitted cases + screen protector instead, so here're a few contenders:



Incase silicon protective cover in black.
This one's a little bulkier (less bulky than the leather folios though), but more protective than the rest. The protectiveness is definitely suitable for David, but silicon means that it'll be a dust magnet.



Incase slider case in black.
This one's easy to put on, has a coating at the back for better grip, but it's made of hard plastic, so it's less protective and might break more easily, plus reviews of the slider case for 1st Gen iPod Touch said that it leaves SCRATCHES.



Incase hardcase in black.
This one's similar to the slider case, except it's translucent and is a snap-on case rather than a slide-on. So probably less chances of scratching the iPod Touch in the process of putting it on. Once again, it's plastic - less protective and more prone to breakage.




Well, ya, this Belkin silicon case in purple is just a THOUGHT. Although David likes purple, this is probably a little too girly for him. Haha. It's cute though!


So many to choose from... What a headache... Maybe I should just get him PINK...





So while I was looking at iPod Touch, I started feeling very tempted to get something for myself to replace my pathetic Aigo MP3 player that has a FM tuner but only plays 99 songs!


Don't you just love ALL the new iPod Nano colours? I'm totally undecided now. I love the look of the iPod Nano, but I like to listen to the radio from time to time, but iPods just don't have FM tuners!! Grr... I wonder if I should just get an 8GB Sony NWZ-S738F/B from Sydney International Airport DFS for a little more than an iPod Nano...

It retails in Singapore at S$319, but I can get it at DFS for just A$199, which is very cheap considering the exchange rate now. Shall pop down to Sony Centre to have a look after my paper tomorrow.





What I like about it:

  • Built-in Noise Cancelling System
  • Better batt life - 40 hours(music)/10 hours(video)
  • Digital FM Tuner
  • Music transfer by Drag & Drop
  • Easy to charge via USB connection
  • Comes with Sony in-ear earphones
  • Similar size to Nano
  • Fast charging (3hrs full charge)


Here's the price/size/weight comparison:

8GB iPod Touch: A$299 / 110 x 61.8 x 8.5mm / 115g
8GB Sony NWZ-A728F/B: A$199 / 89.5 X 42.9 X 7.5mm / 46g
8GB iPod Nano: A$180 / 90.7 x 38.7 x 6.2mm / 36.8g


Sigh... What should I do?!?! I love the iPod Nano design more, but I love the Sony features more. BTW, I'm not considering the 8GB iPod Touch. Just threw it in purely for comparison's sake.


Tell me what you think thru the poll in the side panel. (-^_^-)v

No comments: