Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gardening

One of the tasks given to me was to clear the front lawn of the house. Their housing agent said that the front lawn was not of satisfactory condition, and needed to be cleared. The weeds have to be cut, the concrete slabs have to be seen (when I saw the front lawn, I was thinking what concrete slabs?!?!), and the shrubs have to be trimmed shorter. Boy... It was not a simple task. We took some photos of the front lawn before I did any work on it:




So I decided to start work on it on the 5th day of my Sydney trip. Of course, we had some tools that I used to help me, like a lawn mower, vacuum vac, shears etc. The funny thing was when I first brought up the lawn mower from the storeroom in the garage, I thought that it was those kind that needed to be charged, seeing how short the cable is. And so I plugged it in to charge, and went on to cut some of the shrubs near to the ground first:

But well... After a long time of "charging" and still getting no power out of it, I checked the storeroom again, and found this damn long power extension cord...

Here are some photos of me cutting the shrubs. The shrubs are not really shrubs, but rather, small trees:



After finding the extension cord, I finally started work on mowing the lawn:



I finally started seeing the concrete slabs! Hidden all under the overgrown weeds... I then went on to clearing some of the weeds by hand, and also removed the ugly plants growing at the side by digging them up. That's me holding one of the plants I dug up:

And I dug up a number of other funny stuff as well. Like this plant and some mushrooms:


After working a whole afternoon, I stopped for the day. Just look at how much I've cleared out!



And just for comparison, here's the "before" photo again:

No comments: