Monday, May 05, 2008

HYP Evaluation

OK. I haven't been blogging for quite some time now. For those of you who have yet to know, I submitted my Honours Year Project Report on the 9th of April, and then had my poster presentation to my two evaluators on the 23rd of April.

My HYP report isn't exactly to say fantastic or even good by my standards. But apparently, my model was quite good. For those of you who actually understand stats, my regression model produced an R2 of 0.722. In my model, I was exploring the factors that affected User Satisfaction. Basically, with R2 of 0.722, it means that my model can explain the changes in User Satisfaction quite well. Above 0.10 is satisfactory already, and 1 is perfect. According to one of my supervisors, Irene, she has never seen such a high R2 value before. Usually it's in the range of 0.15 to 0.5. The highest she has ever seen before mine was 0.6 something.

During my poster evaluation, I had a good experience with one of the evaluators. I think that evaluator would give me good grades. She's quite a nice person, and she works closely with my supervisors. She didn't really ask me that much questions either. On the other hand, my other evaluator was a mess. He kept interrupting me, and asked me funny questions, which after I answered, he disagreed with or looked like he couldn't understand me. Apparently, all the people who were evaluated by him suffered.

Surprisingly though, I learned from Irene that he actually told her that my project is one of the more interesting projects that he saw this year. He went to her to clarify some parts of the project. Once again, he asked her the same questions, and she answered him the same way I did! And he appears to accept Irene's explanations! Maybe he just wasn't in the right state of mind that morning.

Well... Now it's really up to him whether I can get my 1st class honours... I'll know my results on 30th May, 9am Singapore time...

No comments: